Works by Women San Francisco recognizes and celebrates the theatrical work that women do as playwrights, directors, designers, performers, and producers in the San Francisco/Bay Area. We stand in solidarity with both the original Works by Women site and the 50/50 in 2020 campaign, both based in New York City, which were established to support women theater artists and to promote gender parity in theater. As a local wing of a national movement, we seek to make visible the compelling artistry and significant production work that local women theater artists contribute to the field, while simultaneously drawing attention to the fact that women need more and better opportunities to practice their crafts as playwrights, directors, designers, performers, and producers.
- Features news about artists, companies, and projects that make women visible and central both on and offstage
- Shares perspectives about issues that inspire and impact women theater artists
- Provides information, resources, and links related to gender parity in theater, both locally and nationally
Our MeetUp Group:
- Attends local productions featuring women theater artists at a discounted ticket price
- Creates a space for networking and dialogue through casual post-show gatherings
You can get involved with Works by Women San Francisco by joining the MeetUp Group, contributing ideas or content for the blog, suggesting a show we should attend, alerting us to cross-posting opportunities, and promoting the site within your social networks. You can reach us by leaving a comment on this site or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting Works by Women San Francisco! We look forward to hearing and learning from you!
Christine Young, Founder & Blog Editor
Valerie Weak, Counting Actors & Social Media Consultant