As 2015 comes to a close, it seems appropriate to reflect on the encouraging progress that has been made on gender parity this year. Below are 12 news items and other goodness from the past 12 months that we can draw on to inspire us as we continue our parity efforts in 2016:
- The Interval: the Smart Girls Guide to Theatricality
- Pope Francis Says: Listen to Women!
- Sexuality Deferred…It’s Time for Another Narrative (by Lily Janiak)
- Shakespeare’s Sister Fellowship
- NOT EVEN: A Gender Analysis of 500 San Francisco/Bay Area Theatrical Productions 2011-2014 from The Counting Actors Project
- TBA Launches Gender Parity Flag
- The Wild Ride: Saying YES! to a season of women playwrights (by Loretta Greco)
- Statera Foundation Hosts Inaugural Conference
- 7 Steps For Achieving Gender Parity in Theatre (by Martha Richards)
- D.C. Women’s Voices Theater Festival
- HowlRound’s Gender Parity Series
- #Waking the Feminists: Equality for Women in Irish Theatre
Check back in January for 2016 Meetup Events, more feminist theater news, and interviews with local women theater artists. May your holidaze be merry, peaceful and full of femme-focused theater!