Due to booking some last minute industrial work that threw my schedule out of whack, the post for November is a little bit later than usual.
There are 7 shows from the November 2013 round of Counting Actors. This brings the total count to 344 shows since June 2011. To see past posts in the project, and get info about how to contribute, please go here.
- Center Rep/Don’t Dress for Dinner
- SF Playhouse/Ideation
- NCTC/My Beautiful Laundrette (co-written by 2 male writers)
- Berkeley Rep/Tristan&Yseult (director credited as ‘adapted & directed’ but separate person given writer credit; actors are members of British Equity, but counted as Equity, due to arrangement w/Equity; 1 male actor plays female character of Brangian, Yseult’s maid; 4 musicians 1f, 3m not included in count below)
- Magic/Arlington (book/lyrics male, music female; both performers in the show are counted as actors below although one is primarily playing piano)
- Symmetry/Carnival Round the Central Figure
- Tides/Gruesome Playground Injuries
- 3 male directors, 4 female directors
- 7 male writers, 3 female writers
- 39 total actors
- 24 male actors, 15 female actors
- 24 union actors, 15 non union actors
- 14 union men, 10 union women
- 29 local actors, 10 non local
Thank you to Patricia Milton and Cat Luedtke who contributed statistics for this month’s edition. If you’re working on a show or see a show with performances in December, please take a few minutes to share the stats with me via email.
As always, please share and start conversations with others about what you’ve seen here.
The December post will go up between Jan 1st and Jan 5th.