Here are the 12 shows for August. The Counting Actors project is now at 310 shows, so as promised last month, I’ll be doing some posts looking at data from shows 201-300 throughout September (similar to what I’ve done with the first 200 shows).
If you want to learn more about the project, read posts from previous months, and learn how to submit statistics yourself, please take a look at this page.
12 shows counted:
- Tides/Sweet Bird of Youth
- San Francisco Shakespeare Festival/Macbeth(3 female non-speaking actors in this production are company interns)
- Marin Theatre Company/Good People
- Berkeley Rep/No Man’s Land
- Marin Shakespeare/All’s Well that Ends Well
- TheatreFirst/Orlando (title role in this piece changes gender from m to f and is played by a f actor)
- TheatreWorks/Other Desert Cities (co-produced w/San Diego’s Old Globe)
- Cal Shakes/Lady Windemere’s Fan (male actor on this production played two f characters – duchess of Berwick and Lady Jedburgh)
- SF Playhouse/Grounded
- Z Space & Word for Word/In Friendship (evening of interlocking short stories by one author presented theatrically, 2 directors 1 m 1 f)
- Monday Afternoon Productions/The Goat or Who is Sylvia?
- Wily West/Lawfully Wedded (interlocking short plays by 3 authors, 2 m, 1 f)
- 8 male directors, 5 female directors
- 11 male writers, 3 female writers
- 96 total actors
- 51 male actors, 45 female actors
- 46 union actors, 50 non-union actors
- 23 union men, 23 union women
- 71 local actors, 9 non local actors
Please keep talking about what you’re reading here, and if you see a show or are working on a show with performances in September, it takes about 5 minutes to share the stats with the project.
A post with September shows will go up between Oct 1 and Oct 5.