This project dates back to June 2011, and is very close to logging 225 shows. For a history of the project, links to previous posts, and information on how to submit a show that you’ve seen or worked on, visit the Counting Actors info page.
I’m very pleased to announce that Theatre Bay Area will be running an article I wrote about the project that includes cumulative data as well as reactions from the community, so watch for that next issue!
12 shows counted:
- Ross Valley Players/Pack of Lies
- Marin Theater Company/Waiting for Godot (cast includes 2 boys who alternate in the role of ‘Boy’ and both are included below)
- Theatre Rhino/Something Cloudy, Something Clear
- Tides Theater/Little Foxes
- Playground co-production w/Katie May and Liz Anderson/Manic Pixie Dream Girl
- ACT/4000 Miles (3 local union understudies, 2M, 1F are not included below)
- San Jose Rep/Next to Normal (M Director, F Music Director, 2M writers, 1 book/lyrics, 1 music)
- Custom Made/Why Torture is Wrong and People Who Love Them
- Role Players Ensemble/Expecting Isabel
- Aurora Theater/Our Practical Heaven
- Berkeley Rep/Troublemaker
- 6 male directors, 7 female directors
- 9 male writers, 4 female writers
- 78 total actors
- 42 men, 36 women
- 40 equity actors, 38 non-equity actors
- 24 union men, 18 union women
- 55 local actors, 23 non-local actors
Stats this month came in from cast members, directors, and audience members including: Molly Noble, Phoebe Moyer, Aaron Wilton, Liz Anderson, Carol Lashof, Anne Hallinan, Karen Thomson Hall, Katja Rivera, Alisha Erhlich, and Eva Rebane. Thank you all so much for sharing statistics with the Counting Actors Project.
Hoping that all who read will share what they see this month with those around them.