This project began in June 2011 and has counted 76 shows so far. Links to results for past months (as well as how to send in a report in the future) are here.
7 Shows counted:
- Marin Theater Company/Glass Menagerie (this production added a 5th actor onstage as ‘Trumpeter/Father’)
- Berkeley Rep/Wild Bride (All actors in this production were European, performing with permission of Actor’s Equity, so although not AEA members, they’re being counted as union actors.)
- SF Playhouse/Period of Adjustment
- No Nude Men/Ladies in Waiting (this was an evening of 3 one acts, so has 3 directors and 3 writers)
- Golden Thread/Language Rooms
- Shotgun Players/God’s Plot (writer and director are same person)
- Willows Theater Co/Nunset Blvd (writer/composer is also director)
- 3 female directors, 6 male directors
- 3 female writers, 6 male writers
- 46 total actors: 27 men, 19 women
- 22 Equity actors, 24 Non-equity actors
- 12 Equity men, 10 Equity women
- 38 local actors, 8 non-local actors
Thanks for reading! If you’ve got a few minutes to tweet, fb, +, or otherwise share this post, it would be much appreciated! And, if you’re working on or see a show with performances in January, please send me the stats for the next round of results, which will be posted between Feb 1st and Feb 5th.
Look for another round of results between Feb 1st and Feb 5th.