If you want to share info on a show for October, please go here to learn more.
15 Shows counted:
- Night Over Erzinga/Golden Thread
- The Cherry Orchard/Hapgood Theater
- QuatreVingtQuatre/Parker Street Odditorium and Dirty Swan Projects Presents (in this show, a male character was played by a woman)
- The House of Blue Leaves/Jewel Theater
- Phaedra/Shotgun Players
- True West/Expression Productions
- Taming of the Shrew/CalShakes (in this show, a woman played Pedant/Curtis/Widow – 2 male characters, 1 female)
- Why We Have a Body/Magic Theater
- Smokey Joe’s Cafe/Center REP
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile/Town Hall Theater
- Patience Worth/Symmetry Theatre (this show was commissioned by the company to support their mission of onstage gender equality)
- Sister Cities/Dragon Productions
- August: Osage County/City Lights
- Fifth of July/Pear Avenue Theatre
- 8 female directors, 7 male directors
- 5 female writers, 11 male writers
- 112 total actors: 57 men, 55 women
- 36 Equity actors, 76 Non-equity actors
- 19 Equity men, 17 Equity women
- 107 local actors, 5 non-local actors
Folks who shared results in September include actors, producers, and audience members. Thanks to Roselyn Hallett, Nina Meehan, Erin Hoffman Moro, Jason Hancock Torres, Brian Herndon, Jessica Powell, Ray Renati, Kendra Oberhauser, Dale Albright and Melissa Hillman for sending me counts in September!
Thanks for reading and for talking about and sharing the info from this project! If you are working on a show with October performances or see a show in October, I hope you’ll take a few minutes to send in a count. I’m also happy to count forward – if you’re working on a project that is already cast, but won’t start performances until after October 31st, go ahead and send the count, and I’ll include it in the appropriate month.
Come back and see October results between Nov 1 and Nov 5!