A new feature, to be published monthly, between the first and the fifth.
In June, I saw 4 shows that fit within the criteria described here. They were:
- Chekhov Lizardbrain, Z Space/Pig Iron Theater
- Down a Little Dirt Road, Just Theater
- Metamorphosis, Aurora
- Imaginary Love, Hapgood
Here are the stats:
- 2 female directors, 2 male directors
- 3 male writers, 2 female writers (Metamorphosis had 2 writers credited, Chekhov Lizardbrain was company devised, but credited a male with ‘text’, so I counted him as the writer)
- 17 total actors
- 11 men, 6 women
- 8 Equity actors, 9 Non-equity actors
- 7 Equity men, 1 Equity woman
- 13 local actors, 4 non-local actors
I’ll be counting actors again in July. If you’d like to help me count, all info on how to do that is here.